Known as one of the fabrics that is quite popular among batik lovers, silk batik does have a very good quality because it offers comfort and softness. No wonder it is known as the most well-known type of soft batik fabric. The soft, shiny fabric texture makes silk batik users look elegant. A variety of quality batik materials comfortable and luxurious impression is usually made of silk material. Modern society likes to use silk batik for formal activities like work clothes or party. For that reason, not infrequently batik cloth or clothing made using average silk cloth priced at a fairly high, considering the appearance of the material was also no less exclusive when compared with other types of fabrics.
The silk material itself generally has a shimmering, pearl-like character when there are rays on its surface. This is due to the fibroin layers, which is known as a type of protein produced by silkworms. Comparable with the quality of the material, clothing made of this soft batik fabric in principle also has many advantages, including:
- Batik silk mostly made by way of painted or “dibatik” manually, so the motive was quite unique.
- Impressed luxurious and elegant though used without excessive accessories.
- Silk batik also offers its own comfort because it feels soft when in contact with the skin. This comfort will certainly increase the confidence in the wearer.
- Batik silk has a very good ability to absorb sweat so it is suitable to be worn as a party dress, either indoors or outdoors.
- In addition to easy to absorb sweat and feel soft, silk fabric in batik actually also has the ability to protect skin from hot weather.
- Silk batik can counteract ultraviolet radiation and maintain healthy skin.
Sadly, silk batik doesn’t only hold the title of most well-known type of soft batik fabric. Behind a number of advantages that have been mentioned above, silk batik itself was also has shortcomings, such as:
- The price of the fabric is very expensive.
- Because it is made from special fiber cocoon to silk batik this needs to be treated specifically and thoroughly. To wash it must also use a special hand and detergent to maintain good quality.
- Its soft nature also makes this silk batik must be kept with exclusive, such as should be washed after being worn and stored by hanging.
So, just make sure that you consider it well before buying this silk fabric for your batik. May it become useful for you!